Saturday, November 9, 2013

Dallas Stars 2013 Home Jersey

The Stars got a new owner prior to the 2011-2012 season so they decided that the team would make a few changes. There were plenty of those from players to people in management positions but the team waited to unveil the new team logo and uniforms. After two seasons under new owner Tom Gagliardi, the Stars revealed this sweater as their new home jersey. The emphasis was on the team's re-establishing their identity with an overabundance of green. While I admire their ability to improve over previously lame jerseys, I can't help but question the change in logo and the choice of green. I actually liked the earlier forms of the Stars jerseys, they were unique and have yet to be replicated in good taste. However, I don't understand how turning the team into a bunch of green Jolly Ranchers is going to improve upon their image. I'm not a big fan of the new logo either, it looks too much like a Chinese throwing star that they slapped a "D" on.

My final thoughts:  I think Dallas certainly had the right idea, they just executed it poorly. If they were to bring back the old Stars color scheme that would work better. The negative color shoulder pattern makes it a little too much green where maybe white or black should have come into play. The lettering is an issue too because the player names are scrunched together and way too small. Kind of goofy looking if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment